Non-Repeat Items (Acute Requests)
Non Repeat Prescriptions known as ‘Acute’ prescriptions are medicines that have been issued by the Doctor but not added to your repeat prescription records. This is normally because the medication is either new or requires a regular review and close monitoring by a clinician
If you need regular medication and your doctor does not need to see you every time, you will be issued with a ‘repeat prescription’. When you collect a prescription you will see that it is perforated down the centre. The left-hand side is the actual prescription. The right-hand side (re-order slip) shows a list of medicines that you can request without booking an appointment to speak to or see a Doctor or our Practice Pharmacist. Please only order medicines you actually need
For safety reasons, telephone requests cannot be accepted; however you can order your medication in any of the following ways:
- Online via Patient Access – this service is only available for repeat medication not acute. See below for details on how to register for this service
- Hand in your right-hand side re-order slip to your Kelso Pharmacy or post through the Practice letterbox (repeat medications only)
- Fill in a Prescription Request Form (repeat and acute medication) available from your Pharmacy or from our reception team (please knock on the window to the left of the main entrance)
How long will my prescription take to be dispensed?
Please allow 7 days for your pharmacy to dispense your medication.
If you have spoken with your Doctor and they feel that you need your medication more urgently, they will either ask you to collect your prescription from the Practice (please knock on the window to the left of the main entrance) or your Doctor will arrange for your script to be processed by the pharmacy urgently – usually within 48 hours
If you have registered for our Patient Access service you will be able to order your repeat medication online
If you would like to register for this service please either:
- send an email to email@example.com making sure that you include your full name, date of birth and home address
- collect a registration form from our reception team (please knock on the window to the left of the main entrance)
We will process your request and send your login and password details within 48 hours.
Our clinicians regularly review the medication you are taking. We may sometimes call you for a medication review. It is very important that you attend these appointments as it keeps you safe whilst taking medication
If there are any medications you no longer use, please advise our reception team who will arrange to have them removed from your repeat medications
The video shown below shows how we can reduce the waste on repeat prescriptions
Repeat prescriptions will normally be processed by the practice and sent to your chosen pharmacy within 48 hours, following your written request arriving at the surgery