Rights and Responsibilities
- You will be treated as an individual and will be given courtesy and respect at all times. You have the right to be treated confidentially.
- You will not be discriminated against on the grounds of:
Race, gender, social class, age, religion, sexual
orientation or appearance.
Disability of medical condition.
- You have a right to information about your own health. We will offer medical advice and information for promotion of good health. You have the right to see your own medical records subject to the limitations of the law. A charge will be made.
- The Practice only uses personal health data within the guidelines set out by the Data Protection Act, 1998 and Freedom of Information Act, 2002.
- The Practice contributes personal health data to an Emergency Care Summary within guidelines set out by NHS Executive. If patients object to this happening, they are advised to discuss with their GP.
- Staff in the Health Centre should not have to deal with unreasonable and abusive behaviour by patients.
- Home Visits should be requested before 10 a.m. where possible. Patients are visited at home if their conditions requires, at the discretion of the Doctor.
- Casualties during working hours should come to Kelso Health Centre Treatment Room.
- Test results will be given by a GP or a Nurse and you will be informed at the time of the test, when this will be.
- On registering with the Practice you will be offered a routine health check with one of our Health Care Assistants.
- We will answer the telephone promptly and courteously.
- You will be given an appointment to see a doctor in accordance with the system in this Practice. If there is a substantial delay for any reason, you will be given an explanation.
- Repeat prescriptions will normally be available for collection from one of the local Pharmacists within 48 hours, following your written request arriving at the surgery.
- Blood tests, urine tests and other samples are sent to the local Laboratory by Courier Monday to Friday. Samples should be handed before 10.30 a.m. Blood tests can be done by the Treatment Room Nurse, Practice Nurse or Practice Phlebotomist by appointment only.
- Complaints are dealt with by Dr Andrew Cox and Mr Costas Kontothanassis, Practice Manager. Information leaflets can be picked up at Reception.